Viber is an amazing app for sending free text messages, Making free voice and video calls and sharing photos and videos across the globe. Instead of phone network, it uses a data connection or a Wifi Network. Although it is one of the most popular messaging apps, Most of the users are not aware How to Block a Number in Viber.
I have received many e-mails from my readers regarding the block option. For users who do not wish to receive calls or messages from a particular number, here is a simple guide to Block someone’s number in Viber. It is essential for every user, because it is common for anyone to have a stalker or someone pestering.
How to Block Someone’s Number in Viber
In previous versions, it was not possible to block a certain number in Viber. Upon user requests, the developer team finally decided to include the block feature in the latest version of Viber (Version 4.2) along with a few other features. Follow the instructions below to learn how to block a particular number.
- Similar to Whatsapp, If you receive a message from an unknown number you can choose between two options. You can either add that person to youre existing contacts or block that contact / number.
- If you wish to block a number in Viber groups, just click on the Group info icon and Choose ‘Block’ from the device menu.
- If the number is already in your contact list and you wish to block that number from Viber, follow the above step , click on the conversation icon instead.
- Alternatively, you can go to Settings > Privacy Options > Block List > Block Contact. Just enter the number you wish to block including the code.
Unblock a Contact / Number
To unblock a certain number, go to Settings -> Privacy Options -> Block List.
Choose a number which you’ve blocked earlier and click on the Unblock button.
Block a Number in Viber : What Happens?
Before blocking a number in Viber, make sure you are ready for a few consequences. After adding a number to the block list, it will prevent that contact from:-
- One-to-One messaging and voice calls with you.
- Your profile information will still be visible to the blocked user.
- You will not be able to send files or images to that specific contact.
- Your previous conversations will not be deleted automatically.
Also Read: How to Download TrueCaller for PC or Windows.