CamScanner is rated as one of the most popular and useful Utility app available. It’s statistics exemplifies it’s popularity. It is currently installed on more than 60 million devices. If a teeny phone camera can do it, why can’t your PC webcam or digital camera perform a similar job? I am going to list out Camscanner for PC alternatives.
CamScanner for PC alternatives don’t just capture images of your documents. They function as a full fledged virtual scanners. When you scan a document, the edges are automatically cropped and the image is flattened to resemble the input of a Flatbed scanner. Camscanner PC automatically converts the image to a PDF document.
Camscanner for PC Alternatives
Snapter is a premium scanning application available for Windows. You can now use your web cam or digital camera as a scanner. Snapter offers a myriad of features like:
- Scanned images are automatically stretched, flattened and cropped to the edges.
- Snapter automatically changes the orientation (Rotates the image straight).
- It splits the image of two pages into 2 different images.
- The above feature saves you a lot of time, you can be twice as efficient.
- A free version is available on a limited trial basis, full version is available for 20$.
Snapter is the best Camscanner for PC or Windows computer alternative in my opinion.
Prizmo for Mac
Prizmo is a free utility which allows you to scan and OCR your physical documents.
- It is integrated with OCR (Optical Character Recognition technology).
- OCR converts your scanned documents into digital text.
- Prizmo currently supports over 40 languages and detects text, images and digits.
- Built-in Text to Speech converter. You can read out the text in over a 20 languages.
- You can extract images for a scanned document consisting of text and photos.
- Page Curvature correction, Orientation correction, Perspective correction, Non Linear Distortion correction, Frame Detection are some of it’s versatile features.
Prizmo is a perfect alternative to Camscanner for PC or Mac, it is also available for iPad but it doesn’t support Windows platform.
Also Read: Download PicsArt for PC or Windows
Bluestacks enables you to emulate the exact same version of Camscanner on PC.
- First, download Bluestacks emulator from the official website.
- Install and Run it through the desktop shortcut icon.
- Click on the search button located below and type ‘Camscanner for PC’.
- Click on the relevant Camscanner app and proceed with the installation.
- That’s it. When using Camscanner, grant access to your PC’s web camera.
- Note that I have not personally tested this method. It may not function properly.
Hope you found these Camscanner for PC alternatives useful.